Blog Archive

Humbled

Such an amazing Etsy artist and friend featured me on her blog and I was completely humbled... she is a generous heart with a beautiful sense of style for little ones...



Meet Heather


When I first starting sewing many eons ago I made quilts. So, I have first hand knowledge of the difficulty it is to build a quilt from beginning to end, especially if the concept of the quilt is your own design rather than a pattern from a book . When I see others who sew quilts I have mad love for them.

To make a quilt it takes precision, perseverance and at times tons of patience. If Heather is anything like I was (and I suspect she is) ripping apart a full quilt, due to an imperfection, and resewing it wouldn't surprise me. A big part of a quilts success is the fabric choices you'll make . To look at any of Heather's quilts you can see she has a great eye for fabrics.

I recently got to see one of her quilts in progress and I can say her thought process and the impact it was going to make was very important to her. The next time you decide to curl up with a book, grab a quilt from Heather of A La Mode Fabric, you won't be sorry!

Take a look at her store and her beautiful treasures!


A La Mode Fabric


Posted by ♥ Amy Rose Designs at 8:03 PM
http://amyrosedesigns.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5755207