Blog Archive

String Pillow...

I've always wanted one of these little babies!!!



Here's the deal... I have been making a bunch of pillows lately and there's a very good explanation as to why...

Firstly
, I just bought a new home a couple months ago and have decorating fever...

Secondly, I have been dying to try out many of my friend's tutorials and this gives me a great excuse to do so without ended up with 300 quilts...

And lastly... I like pillows! Yeah.. I know... who doesn't???

So... this morning I spent a little time on Ashley's (filminthefridge)string block tutorial. I really thought it was fun and easy directions to follow. Now please don't think that means... I think I'm some kind of professional... because I'm hardly that! This was my true first attempt at it :)

I thought I may not be as scared to do it if I used some of my scraps...


After following Ashley's directions... I struggled with my little puzzle...



Then I admit... I struggled with how to get that paper off, so I decided to cut mine... hehehehe



In the end... I think I really like it ( the Kona Ash was a great choice! )...