Blog Archive

The Calypso Star Quilt - Finished!



Yay! First quilt of the year finished... and yes, I know I'm slower then some... but good lord... I can't possibly keep up with the masters!! LOL... I really loved the way this version of a wonky star turned out... bright and wonky... is a great combo for the darling little girl this is off too!



I did have quite a pause here... I couldn't decide which way I wanted to quilt this one... I was hoping to emphasize the ocean features knowing I didn't use traditional ocean colors...





So, I chose to quilt waves through it... I'm loving the effect! :)



I was also very excited by Kate's package arriving this week... I think both packs that I purchased complemented each other very well! Thanks my dear!!

Any whoo... off to start my second stage in my Cathedral Windows tutorial ( if you want to call it that ) ;)

XO, Heather