Blog Archive

Oh, Fransson... you clever duck!



In my { Sew New To Me Virtual Quilting Bee } this month Faith - Fresh Lemons decided she would like blocks from Oh, Fransson's "Map of the States" and I will admit... I was a little intimidated! Elizabeth is VERY good at her designs... however, I am NO WHERE near as precise as she and I thought I might really mess it up!

But, I shall never doubt Elizabeth again! I was surprised just how simple this block went together and how much fun it was designing it... here's a little looky lou of how it all went down...




I drew out the size Faith was wanting her end block and added in my " states "



Then I separated Faith's fabric ( Amy Butler ) into color piles with matching colored pencils




I decided to add in some Aqua Kona... cause I like aqua and solids ;)



And... I just colored in my " states "



Here's where things got interesting for me... never paper pieced before... I had no idea how clever freezer paper is to work with and how you can basically fussy cut your fabrics... UUummm... FUN!



Then... Ta Da!! A fun little block for my bee partner! I sure hope she likes my version of the pattern... I really had fun with it!



On a personal note... it's my youngest son's 10th Birthday today and I'm off to the Lego Store!!! Have a great Thursday... I know I will ;)

XO, Heather