Blog Archive

the {Tangerine} princess & the pea - Finished!

Yay!! Being the naughty girl that i am... i just finished piecing the top of my month's ( October mind you ) of the { Sew New To Me } virtual quilting bee... sad... i know... cause look at what a fabulous quilt these talented members helped me create!!! You can check out the whole month's progress here. Since this baby is super special to me and it's made with lots of Heather ross' Far Far and Away double gauze... it will be given the spa treatment with a long arm... not my sewing machine ;) I can't wait until I can snuggle under her!!

I had to finish a few blocks before putting her together yesterday... i want to make sure my 6'2 husband can cuddle with me under it!

Then... the pattern... i asked for wonky improv blocks in random sizes. I lOVEd Ashley's ( film in the fridge ) quilt... but needed one a tad more boyish for my house ;)

after that... it was easy peasy... just stripped them and sewed them up!

A couple fav blocks... and shots... of how wonky it is :) ...

and then wa'lah... a perfect mix of girlie and urban!!! just my style... i'm in luuuuvv!!
( 54 X 68 )

Now on to my ( me + you ) quilt ( again ) with my dear friend Joan! and yes.. i know it the same as my Life Aquatic quilt... but since my hubby nixed the tangerine... i'm starting over! Anyone interested in my tangerine blocks??? Just let me know! :)

XO, Heather