Blog Archive

Princess & the Pea Quilt - FINISHED

( 55 X 68 )
finishing this quilt was a long time coming!!! it started last October, yes... 2009 as my month in the Sew New To Me Virtual Quilting Bee. my girls in that bee all did such an amazing job completing my wonky, improv blocks with the yummy Heather Ross Far, Far and Away line that i sent them... so much so, that it took FOREVER for me to decide on sashing color, quilting pattern, and binding. i just knew if i was patient... my choices would come to me and i would be more than happy with the results... which i am!! Thanks girls!!

i finally chose to use an Coal colored Ikea Sheet for the backing... i have always wanted to see how sheets would quilt up and this particular sheet had a sateen finish to it, which felt a little more luxurious to me then a Kona cotton backing. i even trimmed the extra for a touch of softness to the binding as well!! it truly turned out fantastic!! it is soooo soft and i couldn't be more pleased!!

keeping with a the modern look i was going for... i decide to quilt it with a straight lined technique. i'm soooo glad too... i was really worried my quilting choice would make my quilt look either too busy, distort the block images or not secure the double gauze of the Far, Far and Away fabric well enough to the other layers. ;)
Ta Da!!
and if the excitement of finally reaching a verdict on how to finish this quilt wasn't enough... my books to my three most favorite series arrived this week too!! i better update my library page... i gotta lot of reading ahead of me ( wink, wink )


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!
xo, Heather