Blog Archive

yay!! Hexie art... done!

What a fantastically creative day!! The sun is up high in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and my mood is just as grand!!... I have fallen head over feet in lOVE with hexagons ( i can't believe i used to be so scared!! ) so, it was a perfect day to finish my first ({ Home } Goods - a modern swap) piece for my blind partner!! Yummy hexies on linen... stretched over canvas... a perfect touch for any crafters sewing room ( i think... wink, wink )!!! and i won't lie... this one hurts to give away!! ;)

here's a quick how to... if interested! i just made my hexies ( you can find the tut i used in my Fab Tutorials page ) and then stitched them together in a ladder stitch... ( my fav, since you can't see the stitches from the opposite side! )



then i secured the hexie design to a piece of linen ( by pins ) that laid on top of a layer of batting... then just straight stitched around the perimeter of the hexie design to secure it to the linen/ batting sandwich... easy-peasy!!

Next i used spray adhesive to attach the quilted hexie linen sandwich to the canvas and stapled the edges of linen on the backside! that's it... it took a few timely steps... but a charming result :)

then on top of my completed art... my mail man brought me a fantastic blog give-a-way!!! Megan ( Lucy & Norman )... was giving away a FQ set of her VERY RARE Anna Maria Horner - Bohemian fabric line... and i won!! Talk about make my YEAR!! I really couldn't even imagine having any of this print let alone this many of them!!! aaahhhh... h e a v e n!!!

My dear friend Sarah had just brought me a bit a few ago and now... it's looking like i'll have enough for one fantastic quilt!!! I can't wait to play with these!! Thanks girls!! :)

Well... off to go plan the new garden with my hubby!! Have a fantastic Weekend!!
XO, Heather