Blog Archive

weekend plans!

this weekend... it's all about...the quilt as you go quilt-along ROUND 2 and some secrets that i can't show yet... shhh....
had to get my scraps ready to finally get a home!!...

soOOoo, i got my crafty space ready for some serious sewin biz!

got my cheater card ready... just in case i get stuck while i'm moving along these wonky log cabin blocks! but, please know... i'm not sweating over any of these... the reality of this style of block is, that you can go off preferred color palette and they will still look fabulously funky!!... so, no whambulances, k!

here's my first six blocks... four of them still need quilting though... but, i'm more than excited about all the possibilities... here's two blogs that have been showing some crazy examples!... a few scraps and 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting Filler Designs !! have fun checking these kids out! :)

and for all those interested... this is what the back of my quilted blocks looked like... however, no one will ever see them once the quilt is finished!! ;)

and holey shiz! check out what came in the mail today from one of my sweetest online lOVES... miss Nova!! this crazy cat loves to quilt so much she made me my Single Girl quilt top out of yummy Anna Maria Horner fabrics and my favorite Kona... Medium Grey!! it's going straight out to the quilters... so, this is the only sneeky peeky for you until she is home and binded! :) isn't miss Nova the BEST!!

a few little stash builders came this week too! i lOVE coordinating prints... and these were screaming my name!!... heather... heather... buy me... your husband will never know... promise... hehe....


okay... time to sew... hope you all have a fab weekend!!!
XO, Heather

PS... yes.. i added some more music!! enjoy those Beastie Boys!