Blog Archive

i can feel it!

can you??? can you feel that summer ( for my children... and your's ) is almost over! YES! very soon... i'll be able to taste it too and that's when it will be time to party! i adore my children, but this is the part of the summer where, " i'm bored " has become as irritating as the "small world " song from Disneyland!!! LOL


and after that last quilt i finished ( i'll picture soon ), i think i found my mojo again!! double YES!! there are definitely two projects i just can't resist anymore, so i've been working ( and by working, of course that means screwing around ) with both of them as much as time will allow!


i have been itching... ITCHING, i tell you to use my Melody Miller Ruby Star Rising 2 fabrics... you can grab some here. I'm only using a half yard of two different prints for this quilt and solids. i really wanted a fall quilt and i just think this may be perfection when completed!






i had thought i'd be going a bit more { green } with it originally, but then the Autumn bug bit me and i went with plums...




i have also been going silently mad over all those ( Swoon Quilt ) blocks showing up around town... dang, they are just GOOD! Here's some of my fav's... you can click on the image to see more quilty goodness from the artists!! ;)


swoon quilt 3


trick or treat! BOO to YOU! Swoon!


My first Katie Jump Rope Swoon block! Loving it!


finished Swoon quilt top


AMH Swooned


are they great or WHAT!!??... sigh... i'm in lOVE!
( ps... you can get to all these artist blogs by their Flickr profiles! )


okay... so, after much consideration i pulled my fabrics for my quilt! i'm going "a la holiday"! here's to hoping it turns out as beautiful as these ladies!!




xo, Heather