Blog Archive

Far Away




Bike rides are one of the best activities when you don't want to spend any money, go somewhere "far away" and have lots of fun. We did four hours in 26 degrees sunshine and I loved every minute of it. Even after 15 minutes of departure when a cloud of bugs decided to attack me. I survived, this is not a post mortem post. And for once, my cycling outfit was perfect. Short shorts kept me cool but were flexible and comfortable, sheer top let the breeze in and peep toe wedges kept my feet ventilated.

At the end of the day when we were about to have our well earned lunch, we discovered something. You just can't get away from London. On the top of the hill when you're looking at the distance, there it is - London in all its glory. "Do you want to have the picnic somewhere else?" "Yes, but I'm starving." "What the hell. We can admire it from a distance."